grilled chicken greek salad
Recipe type: main course salad
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
a flavorful combination of chickpeas, tahini, grilled chicken, tomatoes, red bellpepper with a citrus twist…topped with goat’s milk feta and parsley!
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground blackpepper, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 2 chicken breasts – boneless/skinless (approx. 1 lb. total)
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 firm/ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 thinly sliced red bellpepper
- 1 persian cucumber, skin left on and chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, stemmed
- 6 oz. crumbled goat’s milk feta cheese (or regular feta if preferred)
- heat grill to high (450-550 degrees).
- mix 1 tbsp. each lemon juice and oil, 1 tsp. garlic and 1/2 tsp each salt, pepper and cumin in a medium bowl. add chicken breasts and turn to coat.
- grill chicken, turning once, until cooked through and browned nicely.
- let chicken rest, covered for 5 minutes.
- whisk together remaining 2 tbsp. each lemon juice and oil, 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper, and 1 tsp. cumin with the tahini in a large bowl.
- add chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and cucumber and toss lightly to coat.
- divide among 4 plates.
- slice chicken on the diagonal and set on top of salads.
- sprinkle salads with parsley leaves and crumbled cheese.